Tuesday, December 23, 2014

WHAT IS THERE TO LIKE IN HOCKEY

Hockey is a fascinating game. That's something I could experience this year and get addicted to it. But, as you know it's very difficult to find people that know and enjoy hockey in Brazil.

What we usually know first from hockey is that it's a very rough game where fighting is allowed. That is the vision that I had from my childhood. However, it's a little bit more than that.

Hockey is a very exciting and fast game, where the puck does not stop for goal kicks or throw-in as in soccer. Every penalty is punished with the player being absent for 2 or 5 minutes and the result is always unpredictable.

When I was younger and played NHL 98 on my Genesis console, I used to play with Montreal. It was the first team that I liked. At the time, I didn't know anything about the history of this team nor the rules of hockey.

Many years later, I had the chance of going to the US and I was decided to attend to a hockey game. Once I discovered Tampa was a close city to where I was, I immediatly bought the tickets to a game. It was one of the most amazing experiences in my life. The game was Washington Capitals vs. Tampa Bay Lightning on January 9th, 2014.

The result was 4-3 to the Capitals, but the defeat did not stop me from being ecstatic with the organization and the fighting spirit of the team. Since then I'm a fan of the Lightning. It's not only a matter of choice for me, but a matter of being thankful to the best sportive event I've ever attended to.

Hockey is not a well known sport in Brazil and it's very hard to find fans to talk about it. That's one of the reasons that made me create this blog. It's a way to share my opinions and never stop learning about the hockey world.

Thanks for everything and LET'S GO LIGHTNING!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Hockey é um jogo fascinante. Isso é algo que eu pude experimentar este ano e ficar aficionado por hockey. Mas, como vocês sabem, é bem difícil encontrar pessoas que conhecem e gostem de hockey no Brasil.

O que geralmente se sabe sobre hockey aqui é que é um jogo muito bruto e que brigar é permitido. Essa é a visão que eu tinha na minha infância. Contudo, nós sabemos que vai um pouco além disso.

Hockey é um jogo rápido e animado, onde o puck (disco) não para por causa de tiros de meta ou laterais como no futebol. Toda falta é punida com a ausência do jogador por 2 ou 5 minutos e o resultado é sempre imprevisível.

Quando eu era criança e jogava NHL 98 no meu Mega-Drive, eu costumava jogar com o Montreal. Este foi o primeiro time que eu gostei. Na época eu não conhecia nada sobre este time ou sobre a história e regras do hockey.

Muitos anos mais tarde, eu tive a chance de viajar para os Estados Unidos e eu estava decidido a ir a um jogo de hockey. Assim que eu descobri que Tampa era uma cidade próxima de onde eu estava, eu comprei imediatamente os ingressos para um jogo. Foi uma das experiências mais incríveis da minha vida. O jogo foi Washington Capitals vs. Tampa Bay Lightning no dia 9 de janeiro de 2014.


O resultado foi 4-3 para os Capitals, mas a derrota não me impediu de ficar embasbacado com a organização do evento e o espírito de luta do time. Desde então eu me tornei um fã do Lightning. Não é somente uma questão de escolha para mim, mas também de ser grato da melhor experiência em eventos esportivos que eu já vi.

O hockey não é um esporte conhecido no Brasil, sendo muito difícil achar fans ou torcedores aqui para conversar sobre este esporte. Esta é uma das razões que me fizeram criar este blog. É uma maneira de compartilhar minhas opiniões e nunca parar de aprender sobre o mundo do hockey.

Obrigado por tudo e LET'S GO LIGHTNING!

No comments:

Post a Comment